Tarte-Tatin with pears and chocolate
Ingredients for shortcrust pastry with Gentilini biscuits:
150 g Gentilini Nuvole with cream and cocoa
100 gr flour
125 gr butter
1 egg yolk
50 gr water
Ingredients for the filling
Pears (as needed)
70 gr sugar
½ spoon of water
30 gr butter
2-3 spoons of brown sugar
1 pinch of salt
Shortcrust pastry preparation:
- To prepare the Tarte Tatin pears and chocolate, blend the Nuvole with cream and cocoa with a chopper until you get a fine grain. Let’s pour into a bowl.
- Add flour and butter and begin to work the dough with the fingertips until you get a sandy and not compact compound.
- At this point we pour the beaten egg yolk with the water inside the bowl and work quickly to obtain a smooth and homogeneous mixture.
- Cover with food film and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Tarte Tatin preparation:
- Peel the pears, remove the core and cut into 4 segments.
- In a small saucepan, melt the sugar and water over medium heat until you get a caramel color “hazel”. At this point we pour the butter, turn off the flame and continue to stir over a low flame.
- Let cool and then pour the caramel into a round baking pan (20 cm).
- Place the pears in the baking pan until each empty space is covered, press well with your hands and add 2-3 tablespoons of brown sugar and a pinch of salt.
- We cover the pears with brisè by eliminating the excess dough. We pass the thumb inside the edge of the mold (to make sure that after cooking it is easily detached from the mold).
- Bake for 35-40 minutes in a static oven at 180 ºC.
- Let it cool 30-40 minutes before serving.